Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Recap of 2013 Relief Society Meetings!
RS Theme and Meeting Topics
“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liketh him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.” Matt 7:24-25
We are wise and building upon a strong foundation when we . . .
January . . . learn to love and feast upon the word of God.
· Introduce the theme: Building A Strong Foundation
· 7uplifting habits to build a strong foundation mentally, spiritually, and physically
· Set up a program of tracking habits of scripture study, exercise, and other ways to improve self. Sent email reminders and gave away gifts for winners 3 months later
February . . . manage the resources we have been blessed with showing discipline and gratitude.
· Provident Living focus—Kimberly Kidman will lead the committee for this activity.
· “Rolling In the Dough.”Financial planning, Budgeting, Wills, living trusts, estate
· Had a price is right game with giveaways!
· Had a bread making class prior to the activity for those interested
· Had a speaker about budgeting Kimberly and one about estate planning Bro Hammel
March . . . embrace VT as the very best sort of service/ RS Bday celebration
· Kate McKinley planed the program with a video presentation, speakers, a poem shared
· Craft to make a sleeve for our VT assignments, and food!
· Feeling Raggedy about VT? And decorated with Raggedy Ann Dolls
April . . . leave behind emotional baggage that keeps us from being truly happy.
· “Choose Joy” Gave overview of 100 Dresses book overview, collected donated dresses to woman’s shelter
· Heard from therapist Jody Ebert about thinking differently with great handouts
· Had a “speed discussion” of lots of questions about our EMOTIONS
· Decorated with dress cut outs throughout the room
May . . . serve each other joyfully.
· Service Fiesta Auction, invited Laurels
· Had a silent auction/live auction with points given for service items
· Established point system/claim certificates to bid on
May—Mother’s Day “Thank you” Meeting during third hour
June--Stake RS Women’s Conference “Let’s get Purse-onal”
July . . . put aside excuses and find the motivation and means to become our best selves. (Provident Living)
· 5 Little Piggies: market, stayed home, roast beef, had none, we, we, we
· Mini classes that rotated through, smart shopping, home décor, eating right/exercise, family fun/dating for free, French cream puff dessert.
· Gave handout for each class and a pig loufa gift for teachers
August--RS Brunch for RS Board “Keeping it Simple”
August . . . fearlessly proclaim the gospel in our homes and to our neighbors.
· Cultural activity and “Gospel around the world”
· Food from all over, displays from sisters who have traveled/served
· Two speakers highlighted their experiences
· Shared a video about missionary work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-fo5DD7I8
September . . . love and serve our husbands and families with all our hearts.
· Favorite things exchange
October . . . Craft Night!
· Focus on holiday gifts and decorative items, Fall-ow the yellow brick road!
November . . . reach out and serve in our communities.
· Blankets for moms who lost babies/miscarriage at S&W.
December . . . celebrate together the birth and life of our Savior.
· Beautiful Christmas program, invited nonmembers, music focused around nativity
· Nativity display
**Note that most of these activities are posted on our blog. Each month has an invitation posting, and a recap posting. Just search for a date or keyword of the activity you want and it should pop up! Sorry they aren't hyperlinked to make your life easier.