When they arrived, we had them write their name on slips of paper, and put them in the right jars, for their chance to be drawn.
There was a category for early years, middle years, and later years of FHE, where they could win "FHE in a jar," a night all ready to go!
Then, of course, they wrote their name down TWICE for the exchange.
And then everyone entered their name in for a chance to win the FHE grand prize!
We had a great time going around in the circle and each person taking a minute to talk about their favorite FHE memory, activity, or way to make it work!
Some fun FHE ideas were:
- Family talent show
- FHE is in the bag!
- Animal sounds game
- Peter, James, and John circle game
- Iron Rod throughout the house with string
- Short and sweet, 5 mins or less
- Using the nursery manual and coloring activities
- Articles of Faith with images for memorization
- Taking turns being "in charge"
- Having a "child of the week"
- Watching a movie together
- Having a picnic on the floor
- Using the Gospel Art Book for a lesson
- Using the Church FHE Charts
- Stand in the Light lesson with flash lights
- Having a testimony meeting, or a chance to bear testimonies
- Simply holding one is a SUCCESS!
Next, they introduced their favorite thing, explained why, and drew the two lucky winners!
We had some fun "favorite things"
- Lots of chocolate
- Nail polish
- Cute items from the dollar bin at Michaels
- Hand sewn scarves
- White cheddar popcorn
- Melano cookies
- Nutrition bars/drinks
- Our Best Bites cookies/reciepe
- Handmade soft baby blankets
- Freezer jam
- and more!!!